Saturday, June 13, 2009

They're after me! domestic

(and for those that don't remember, sly is 10, Julie 14, and Jen 16)

"Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! They're after meeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

I sipped my coke, turned the page.

"Ha! I'm going to get you now!'

I took another drink.

"Ahhhhhhhh! Noooo! No fair no fair, you can't gang up on meeeeeeee!"

Bang bang thump thump bang....

"sly, baby...."

And if it doesn't sound like I was overly concerned, I wasn't.

thump thump thump, as my baby comes trotting over...

pant pant pant...

"Yes Mommy?"

pant pant pant...

"Remember our talk about not trying to run sideways on the walls when you make a corner, young lady?"

By the way her hands went to her little fanny, it was apparent she did.

"Just because the cats can do it, doesn't mean you can."

"Yes Mommy! I remember! I'm sorry, I won't do it again!"

"Good girl, scoot, and play now..."

" 'k Mommy, by Mommy!"

My babygirl leaned in quick, kissed me on the cheek, and scooted off, but not before I gave her a spank on her nighty covered fanny. For which I got a histrionic squeal and drama queen fanny grab as she went hopping away to resume her game.

Oh, and the reason I wasn't worried about who was getting who?

It's because her sisters weren't involved.

Julie was in her room, with Kara, using my laptop, as they also both used their cellphones to apparently network with every other girl they had ever met; her room was a constant source of squeals, giggles, OMGoshes, No way, she didn't! and other such teen speak.

And, Jen and Nikki, together like always, were curled up together watching a preHalloween movie on tv. Those two, so cute.

So sly's little back forth involved three other playmates, and I looked to see three cat heads peering around corners, to see where their ditzy friend was.

Because since it wasn't a schoolnight, sly got to stay up a bit later. Late enough so she was up when the cats got their nightly 'crazies'.

Cat people will understand, no sense in trying to explain if you aren't one.

But, almost as if they were connected, all three would at night, stop what they were doing, or wake up, and race madly around the house. When sly was up, I had four maniacs running around the house, playing tag, chasing each other, ambushing each other, till they wore themselves out.

It took about 15 more minutes, and then they were done, the cats basicaly falling asleep where they dropped, and sly panting and dropping beside me on the couch.

"C'mon babygirl, lets get you cleaned up, again."

"Awwww Mommyyyyy."

But it was more out of habit than anything else.

I took her to my bathroom, stripped off her now damp shirt, and her little Lilo and Stitch panties, and stuck her in the shower quick, to late to try to get her into, and out of a bath now.
Wash her off quick, then back into one of my tiedied shirts she had taken as one of her sleepshirts, and it was off into my bed, for stories...

It's nice to be a Mommy.

love,
Angie
Comments(3 total) Post a Comment
[dele…
Monkey, Itty Bitty, Pushkins. (Pushkins is for Julie)Herrrreee Kittykittykittykittykitty! Come here kitties! ....They're not coming, Mommie. They must be too tired to move! ::giggles::Mommie? I'm gonna fall asleep in your bed tonight, ok Mommie?::YAWWWNNSSsss:: But I'm not even tired yet!i love you!sly
Sunday October 28, 2007 - 08:17pm (PDT) Remove Comment

Angie
Offline
I think so too, babygirl, (thinking that if we were to offer them treats, they would sleepwalk here if they had to).And yes, you can sleep in Mommy's bed tonight.kiss, I know you aren't tired babygirl, but you can lay here with Mommy while I read to you though...love you too, babygirlMommy
Sunday October 28, 2007 - 05:29pm (HST) Remove Comment

daddisc
Offline IM
Its so obvious that you are a warm and loving mom. You captured the interaction perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment